Looking for a way to upgrade your bedroom and add a little bit more comfort and extra cosiness to it? The bedroom is the place in which you start and finish each and every day and definitely deserves some attention in order to become the relaxation sanctuary that motivates you to be the best version of yourself. It is the sacred place for restorative and sound sleep, it is the place for day and night dreaming, and it is the place to give you a fresh and motivational start of the day.
Here are our top 5 easy ways to create the cosiest bedroom ever for good nights, bright mornings, and successful days!
1. Good sleep matters! Bet on natural mattresses and bedding. Synthetics will make you all sweaty and uncomfortable during the night and chances are they will ruin your sleep. The ideal scenario would be to choose fabrics like cotton, natural silk, or linen for your sheets, duvets, blankets, pillows, and mattress. Natural fabrics will help your body breathe and keep you warm but not too hot during the night, thus working for the restorative sleep you need in order to rise and shine.
2. Decorate your room with bedroom friendly plants. There are many plants that could improve your sleep, or at least improve the air quality in your bedroom. Have in mind, however, that not all potted house plants are suitable for a sleeping room. Here are the 3 safest options that will add liveliness to your room and most probably help you sleep better.
The Aloe Vera plant emits oxygen at night. It will keep the air in your bedroom fresh and pure. Plus it is so easy to take care of it: sunlight and not much water.
Snake Plant is supposed to remove many of the harmful chemicals in our homes and is one of the well-known natural purifiers, that is also frequently mentioned in scientific studies as well. Also, a very low-maintenance option.
Lavender is a perfect addition to any bedroom mainly because of its soft and delicate aroma. Lavender and natural lavender aroma are known to be able to reduce anxiety and stress levels.
3. Now that you have taken care of your sleep, make sure to turn your bedroom into a daytime oasis as well. Why not make it cosy and comfortable not only for sleeping but also for reading, day-dreaming, and late weekend mornings? That would most probably not be the best room for a home office, but a lot of us are using their bedrooms as a home office recently. So, there you go, the bedroom should be a place suitable for all kinds of activities.
One of the easiest ways to achieve that is to create a cosy reading corner that cаn easily turn into a temporary home office: all you need is a small bookshelf or stand, a reading sofa, and a side table or a nightstand. If your bedroom is on the small side and you do not have a lot of place for adding additional furniture, you can easily use your bed as a reading corner by simply adding a headboard cushion to support your back while reading and add some extra comfort and charm to the bed. With all the available options and custom headboard cushion alternatives out there, you can easily turn it into a statement piece that will surely give your bedroom a nice personal touch.
Is it easy to add a headboard cushion over your bed? Definitely – trust us on this. You do not need anything but a wall against the bed. Here at Cottoned, we specialise in creating custom headboard cushions for all kinds of beds. As soon as you have a wall to attach it to, you will be all set, even if the bed itself does not have a wooden headboard base. Voila, there you have it, a comfortable reading corner right there in your bed.
4. No TV’s allowed in the bedroom! It is so important to stick to that rule. There are many studies suggesting that watching television before going to bed can disrupt sleep cycles. TV and screens will keep us later at night stealing a big portion of our so important 8 hours of sleep.
5. When picking up the curtains for your bedroom choose a fabric and color that will be working equally well for your room during daytime and nighttime. It is all about light! When choosing the curtains for your bedroom, have in mind that the bedroom might (and should) be used during the day as well. You will need a good supply of natural light. Make sure that the curtains you choose will also provide privacy so that you can snuggle peacefully under the duvet with your dimmed night light on and a good read before going to sleep.
And finally, open the window and allow the fresh air to come into the room. This tip, together with the above 5 + keeping it minimalistic and well organized will surely make your bedroom your favorite place at home.